SITE 3, LAND AT MARGAM WHARF, PORT TALBOT SA13 1RB
TO LETEnquire Now
- Excellent Road Access - Close proximity to the M4 motorway (Junctions 38, 40 and 41)
- Situated in a top tier (‘A’) grant assisted area and within the Swansea Bay City Region
- Road, rail and sea connectivity (with deep water access)
- Open Storage Land / Design & Build Opportunities
- Site adjacent to TATA Steel Port Talbot
WELL LOCATED DEVELOPMENT SITE
Well located development / open storage site adjacent to TATA Steel Port Talbot
The Port of Port Talbot is conveniently located in close proximity to 3 motorway junctions of the M4 (J38, 40 and 41), with direct access provided via the A4241 (Harbour Way), running east and west of the port entrance. The Port is located approximately 0.5 miles from Port Talbot town centre, 8.5 miles east of Swansea and 32 miles west of Cardiff. The town itself is served by the Great Western Mainline railway with fast trains running both east and west. The Port of Port Talbot is predominantly used for imports of coking coal, minerals and ores to the adjacent steelworks, Port Talbot Tidal Harbour offers a unique port location, able to accommodate vessels of up to 16.5m draught. The docks provides deep water sea accessibility (Length: up to 300m, Beam: Unrestricted, Draught: up to 16.5m). The Port regularly handles a further wide variety of cargoes including processed slag, sand, cement, steel and heavy lift cargoes. This nationally strategic port asset has significant development opportunities available for the construction of additional berths and cargo-handling facilities. ABP can provide handling services (quotation on application).
The site comprises a 9.40 acre development plot, suitable for design and build opportunities or for open storage uses.
Tenure and terms
Part of the site sits within the joint ownership of TATA and therefore any development proposals will be considered jointly (by TATA and ABP). The Port offers leasehold opportunities for open storage, existing accommodation or for bespoke development to meet individual occupier requirements.
Rent / Price
Not assessed at present.
Estate service charge / building insurance
A provision will be included for any lease for each tenant to pay a service charge, contributing to the costs of maintaining the common areas of the estate and providing on site security.
Each party responsible for their own legal and professional costs.
Energy Performance Certificate
For additional information or to arrange a site meeting please contact the Joint Agents - Henry Best at Jenkins Best 02920 340033 / email@example.com or Cushman & Wakefield. Planning - The adopted Neath Port Talbot Local Development Plan (2011-2026) identifies the Port, foremost, as an existing employment allocation, together with identifying the same as an area safeguarded for the transportation of freight and, in part (at the northern extent), part of a mixed use strategic regeneration area. All interested parties are however advised to refer all planning specific enquiries to Neath Port Talbot Council, CBC Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ. The Port of Port Talbot is located in an area designated as having Category ‘A’ status under European Commission state aid rules. Qualifying Companies may benefit from additional support. For further information interested parties should contact the Welsh Government on 03000 603000, www.businesswales.gov.wales or www.gov.wales
Jenkins Best for themselves and for the vendor/lessor of this property whose agents they are give notice that:
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
- All statements contained in these particulars are made without responsibility on the part of Jenkins Best for the vendor/lessor and nothing contained in these particulars is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact.
- Any intended purchaser/lessor must satisfy itself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
- The vendor/lessor does not make or give and neither Jenkins Best nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation/warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or any services.
- All terms quoted exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.